Downloading Cydia was once a common pastime when it was available for just about all iOS versions. These days, there are few updates to Cydia and most users can no longer download any of their favorite tweaks, themes, or other modifications. Much of this comes down to Apple, providing new security features and constantly patching exploits as they become known. One of the best apps that ever appeared in Cydia was called iFile and with no jailbreak available, apps like that are fast becoming lost. Luckily, we do have a way of getting iFile back on our iOS devices.
Image : iFile Download Tutorial
What is iFile ?
iFile [ext link] is an advanced file manager tool that lets you access your iOS file system and customize your files. This is something that Apple has never allowed us to do and likely never will. iFile acts much the same as Finder on the OSX and Explorer on Windows so it is very easy to navigate and use.
iFile Features :
iFile is packed with features, offering a way to view and manage your files. With iFile, you can see multiple file types on your system, including:
- Web archive
- Microsoft files
- Apple iWork
- Compressed file formats
With your software and multimedia files, you can:
- Move them
- Copy and paste them
- Rename them
- Edit property and text lists, like configuration files
- Easily install .deb packages to your device
- Import to your iPod Library
- Zip and unzip compressed file formats
Moving files to and from your device can be done in the following ways:
- Use the built-in web server to upload and download your files with a network drive or a browser
- Add files to your emails as attachments
- Manage Dropbox and FTP files
- Use a Toshiba FlashAir card for viewing and downloading files
- Use Bluetooth to send files to another device with iFile installed
- Mount Apple .dmg files
iFile is integrated with Celeste Bluetooth File Sharing, Safari Download Manager and AttachmentSaver
How to Download iFile :
The nature of iFile dictates that it will never be available in the iOS app store, so you need to download it another way. That way is through an app installer called vShare. vShare offers access to loads of apps and tweaks that you won’t find in the app store so it’s well worth downloading and trying.
To download iFile:
- Download vShare onto your iOS device using the guide at the link
- Open vShare and find iFile
- Download it as per the on-screen instructions
- Enjoy what iFile offers
iFile is a very popular app and is likely to be one of the most used tools you will ever have. You can’t get this kind of file access anywhere else and, as iFile is free, why not try it today and see what you think. For more of the latest updates and news, you can follow us on Facebook.